Our Experience and Education
It's our experience and education that set us apart from our competitors!
With over 150 years of combined insurance experience you'll find Mid-America Specialty Markets has a solid, proven presence of providing superior insurance products for the Mid-Missouri area. Experience from hands on account management. It's the experience of each agency member that we draw upon every day to continually improve our business operations. It's the experience each agency member has gained and shares that allows us to provide outstanding client service. It's the experience of our staff that delivers security and protection for clients’ families, homes and businesses.
Education and experience in our industry is important. With over 150 years of combined experience and seven professional designations, it’s our education that sets us apart. We take continuing education very seriously.
There's no substitute for education. Check out our credentials:
· Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)
- The Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (CPCU) Society is a community of credentialed property and casualty insurance professionals who promote excellence through ethical behavior and continuing education. The Society's more than 28,000 members hold the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designation, which requires passing rigorous undergraduate- and graduate-level examinations, meeting experience requirements, and agreeing to be bound by a strict code of professional ethics. Founded in 1944, the CPCU Society's mission is to "meet the career development needs of a diverse membership of professionals who have earned the CPCU designation, so that they may serve others in a competent and ethical manner."
· Certified Risk Manager (CRM)
- The certified risk manager designation is recognized worldwide as the professional standard. As of 2007 there are less than 2000 CRM's worldwide. In order to secure this professional designation the successful candidate must complete the rigorous coursework offered by The National Alliance for Insurance Education and Research. The CRM designation is a visible confirmation of professionalism in all areas of managing risks, hazards, and exposures and proves a commitment to continuing excellence. The CRM is knowledgeable about today's highest priorities - identifying, analyzing, controlling, financing, and administering operational risks - as well as political risks, catastrophic loss exposures, third-party exposures, fiduciary exposures, employee injury exposures, juridical risks, legal risks, and more - whether insurable or not. Risk Management is an ever growing field of work, touches every business and it dovetails from the world of insurance.
· Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC)
- Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) is an insurance industry professional certification designation. The CIC certification program was started by the National Alliance for Insurance Education & Research in Austin, Texas in 1969. A CIC is recognized throughout the insurance industry as a true professional, as someone who has achieved a higher level of insurance education. The CIC designation is conferred upon those who meet insurance industry experience, complete five required educational institutes and pass each of the institutes’ rigorous exams. A CIC must update their CIC designations annually by attending various continuing education programs.
· Associate in Risk Management (ARM)
- A professional designation earned after the successful completion of three national examinations given by the Insurance Institute of America (IIA). Covers such areas of expertise as essentials of risk management (identification and measurement of loss exposures, and analyzing various techniques to deal with the exposure); essentials of risk control; and essentials of risk financing (risk retention and commercial insurance). Program of study is recommended for individuals involved in the areas of risk management for noninsurance companies, as well as insurance producers who want to provide risk management counseling to their clients.
· Associate in Claims (AIC)
- A professional designation earned after the successful completion of four national examinations given by the Insurance Institute of America (IIA). Covers such areas of expertise as the claims person and the public, principles of property, liability claims adjusting, property insurance adjusting, and liability insurance adjusting. Program of study is recommended for experienced adjusters, claims supervisors, and examiners who have in-depth knowledge of the claims area but have not undertaken formal study of the claims principles.
· Associate in Underwriting (AU)
- A professional designation earned after the successful completion of four national examinations given by the Insurance Institute of America (IIA). Covers such areas of expertise as principles of property and liability underwriting, personal lines underwriting, commercial liability underwriting, and commercial property and multiple lines underwriting. Program of study is recommended for individuals who have experience as underwriters or producers.
· Accredited Advisor in Insurance (AAI)
- A professional designation earned after successfully completing three national examinations given by the Insurance Institute of America. The curriculum was developed in conjunction with the Independent Insurance Agents of America consisting of the principles of insurance production, multiple-lines insurance, agency operations and sales management.
Is your business and personal insurance being handled by educated professionals?..............As you can see, we take our continuing education seriously!
Remember as an independent insurance agency we work for you....our client....not for an insurance company. We work for you by offering the best coverage at the most competitive price. Give us a call today to see how we can help with your business or personal insurance!